Thursday, September 16, 2010

豁达

It has come the time when... I am tired of the way I am. It is truly time for a change... to outgrow what I have been living with the past 21 years, through all the morphing, for better or for worse.

This entire summer I have been reflecting and thinking... based mostly off the reaping of my last four years, but also just me.

There are many little epiphanies I have found, many things I can work on. In some sense, this is taking a step back and looking at things with a slightly (albeit very slight) different perspective. And suddenly you are hovering over reality, taking on the bird's eye view -

you see-

you really see -

what you have been feeling deep in your heart... it wasn't a mistake. It was really what you felt. Those people weren't right for you. They are indeed a waste of your time.

I need to take risks.

I need to live with passion and enthusiasm... living life is pretty tiring and you need the energy... the energy comes from enthusiasm for improving yourself, and striving to create a good life everyday.

I need to stop being so hard up over what people think or say.

I recently learned a Chinese word: 豁达

It is one of the best words in any language that I have ever come across. Two characters, so much meaning, and exactly what I need to work towards.

豁达指心胸开阔,性格开朗,能容人容事。豁达是一种大度和宽容,豁达是一种品格和美德,豁达是一种乐观的豪爽,豁达是一种博大的胸怀、洒脱的态度,也是人生中最高的境界之一。

No comments:

Post a Comment