Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tick Tock.

Tick tock.. tick tock...

Time keeps passing. I age every second.

Graduation is just a heartbeat away. It is in exactly, EXACTLY one month.

I can't believe it. I haven't been able to reconcile the freshman in me, and the to-be graduate. It is just startling to think that I have been through 4 years of college. All that has happened, all that I have gone through to shape what I am now...

It's been a long trip.

yet somehow, it feels very, very short. Tonight, while taking a walk with someone special, I took a breath... and the air was so filled with nostalgia it brought much joy, with much ... reluctance, to my heart. It reminded me of the way the air smelled when I was a freshman, eager and inexperienced, away from my parents, in this small town of Madison. It is the air that reflected the fall in 2006. Warm but a bit chilly... woodsy and grassy. It's... perfect.

Now seasoned with 4 years of salt and pepper, I have my future before me. I am still waiting for that big change, that big revelation that I have been expecting. I am starting to think that the revelation won't come to me, I have to go to it. I have to mature in such a way that I will gain that revelation. I hope I do before... before I depart Madison.

It's hard to think that after I graduate, that is IT for my undergraduate slacking, chilling days. It is out of the pan and into the fire, fire being the real world. I hope it doesn't hurt.
I am close to the end of my education. Somehow it seems like when you are still schooling, you can be immature (to some extent). But now... it's adulthood, and all the responsibilities and obligations that are tacked along with it. I am truly creating my own life... right from the bottom of the corporate ladder.

Graduate school is different, it is really working and doing what you gotta do... so it is different from what life is now, from what life was before.

I think I need to reconcile this before I graduate; there are different stages in life, and they come and go. Sometimes you just need to look at them and realize, it's time to move on.

I wish to spend my last month of (official) schooling happy, carefree and energetic... like I was a freshman.

P.S. time to stop worrying and fussing about people.

<3 Seasoned Senior

No comments:

Post a Comment