Monday, November 16, 2009

Beauty Be Damned

Leonid Meteor shower, 2am - 5am

I am excited, but I am anxious.
What do you do in the face of beauty?
I feel like it is hard to look at a fleeting moment's beauty.
I can't capture it.
I can't fully remember it.
Cameras don't do the beauty justice. At all.
What do you do in the face of remarkableness?
How can we capture it in a way which is worthy?
How can we do it justice?
How can we keep the moment so that its short moment was worth it?
How can we remember it?
I can't.
I don't.
Sometimes I rather not see it; it makes it that much easier to live with not having the trouble and stress of capturing and remembering the magnificence of it all.
Yet I can't live without the beauty.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment